- PESHTEMAL: a multipurpose traditional flat-woven Turkish Towel that has its origins in the Hamam - traditional Ottoman public bath in Turkey, and is famous for its absorbency and soft texture.
- EVERY DAY USE: Compact, highly absorbent, lightweight and versatile - this towel is perfectly suited for everyday use. Turkish towels are a practical alternative to the towel at home and in your bathroom. It makes a great summer bath towel and is nice to wrap around your body like a dressing gown or sarong. Perfect companion for the beach, spa, gym, yoga or yacht! Perfect for travelling or camping as it is super lightweight, around 450 grams, and is easily compacted.
- SIZE: 1 x 2m approximately with no shrinkage after washing. It’s the perfect size for a large beach towel or a versatile travel towel that can meet all your needs as a bath towel, throw, shawl, headscarf, scarf, picnic rug, sarong or sports towel.
- HANDWOVEN & ECO FRIENDLY: This peshtemal is handmade in Turkey by master weavers using traditional wooden looms. Hand weaving textiles has a long history in Turkey and the craftsmanship has been passed through family generations. Small imperfections and variations in detail are normal and a welcome reminder of the intricate handmaking process. Made with natural fibers and require less laundering, space and drying than a typical towel.
- CARE INSTRUCTIONS: It is recommended to wash your peshtemal before use. The towel is durable to frequent washing using a cold wash and gentle cycle. They come up beautifully after ironing as well. The towel becomes softer after a few washes and you can also use fabric softener if you prefer.